Sunday, April 14, 2013

Jaden's First Letter Home

Hello FAMILY!!!!
HOLY COWW!! the MTC IS SUPERRR GREAT!! I love it here and Pday today has been amazing!!! It's crazy to think I have already been here for 10 days but at the same time it feels like I've been here way longer than that! haha It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense!! We have been teaching investigators, well fake ones anyway... haha but it's been a real amazing and humbling experience to try to teach the gospel in the portuguese language! The first prayer I ever offered in a lesson I asked a blessing to be with the "fish" rather than our investigator and me and my companion just lost it, and so did the investigator! hahaha but it was the first lesson and we are improving everyday! The language is coming a long and I know we will be able to speak what the lord would have us say as long as we work hard and have faith in him. It was so good to get all the E-mails from friends and family! I love being informed of how things are going in your lives, and especially with the lakers and NCAA ;) jkjk of course! But anyways the MTC is pretty hard to describe... the food goes straight through you, the small living space is crammed, the computer rooms are border line contentious, full laundry rooms and everything else... hahaha BUT i wouldn't have it any other way! The spirit is always so strong, and it really does prepare for marriage... at least I'd imagine so! because if you can put up with a guy 24/7 the transfer shouldn't be all that difficult! make sure Tyler gets this! ;) haha but No in all seriousness the district and companions are amazing! I feel like we were all meant to be together for this time to prepare us for the mission field! It's also really nice having 6 sisters and 6 elders because they prevent us from getting to hyper during study time... haha We also went to the temple this morning for P day which was really amazing and the spirit was so strong!! The temple is such a beautiful and peaceful place. It also has already snowed up here again, and I'm actually glad you make me bring that jacket mom... haha I have used it a couple times! But anyways I really want to send you pictures but the computer I am on doesn't let me... and all the other ones are slammed... Hopefully I can get a chance to send a few! There really are so many people here, and it is always fun to see a familiar face. Just to point out that me running into Adam the first day I really believe was a tender mercy of the Lord... The only reason we found him was because we got lost and walked out a random door and we literally ran into each other and I haven't seen him since... haha And it sounds like he posted the picture and you were able to see that I was doing good sooner than you were able to because I forgot to put postage stamps on my first letters....... haha! rookie mistake! Anyways I'd love to be updated with how things are going there! Ashley... Mandy... Sounds like you two are doing great as always! :) keep doing your best and everything will work out! The Lord wants the best for us and all we need to do is humble ourselves enough to come unto him! I can't wait to fly out to portugal, but at the same time i only get 4 more temple sessions for 2 years! I love you guys so much, and know me and JAcob are doing the right things! The gospel is true and keep the faith!
Love Elder Beckstrand
ps. please update me with the yard... haha and I'll try to send picutres as soon as I can! or maybe I can send home the memory card? Just let me know what you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment