Sunday, April 21, 2013

This week has been soooo amazing!!!! :)
We had an amazing devotional on tuesday night given by Richard G Scott!!! He said some amazing things, and something that really stuck with me was that everything good that has ever came in his life stems off his decision of serving a mission!!! How Cool is that!? He also promised us that if we are learning a language we will all Be Masters of that language... which is a pretty awesome promise from an apostle! I love the MTC and my Companion and my district!! Also Me and My companion have been made Zone Leaders as of last week which is pretty crazy.... WE Definitely weren't expecting that!!!! haha It has been so good to hear about how everything is doing at Home and I am glad you are keeping the grass alive and growing!! haha that was 7 Years in the making!! ;) haha Our Zone is doing really well and we are so blessed with amazing missionaries that are willing and love to serve the Lord! The MTC is kind of an amazing awkward growing stage for all Missionaries!! haha It's so amazing because you can feel the spirit so strong all the time, but at the same time you really want to get out into the field and interact with people who you can really change forever. I know I need this time to truly prepare myself to be the best I can be tho! Everyone is asking about how the language is coming... and it's coming really good! I know I still have a lot to learn, but everyday I learn more and am able to better express myself through the hallowed language of portuguese! haha Also I am writing a letter to send home today of some of my written portuguese that maybe dad can help translate! ha So it should be there around tuesday! No crazy investigator blow experiences with me and my companion this week... However, a companionship in our district had quite the experience.... hahaha So anyways last night our district was teaching their investigators but me and my companion could'nt be there because we were welcoming the new district in our zone with the branch president... But when we got back they filled us in! ha So anyways, they were teaching the investigator how to pray... and they handed him a pamphlet showing him our prayer structure. He agreed he would pray and then he started reading the outline of how we pray. One of the Missionaries couldn't hold back his laughter and he started busting up in the middle of what the investigator thought was a prayer... like it was loud! haha and then when he pulled himself together still trying to stop laughing he said sorry I'm DISEASED! And the investigator just got really big eyes and rushed them out after a quick prayer..... hahahHAHA! Never a dull moment at the MTC! Also, we went to the temple today and it was amazing!! :) I have really gained an even greater appreciation for temples while serving in the MTC, and the peace and spirit of the Lord that is felt there is so real! We are so lucky to be blessed with Temples so close! It is really good to hear how basketball is going, and nice to hear how the team is doing! Make sure Grandma and grandpa know that I loved the poem! It was awesome! and I want to thank Lori, the Glassfords, and the Lewis's for sending awesome packages! Also Grandpa B. I ran into one of your Mission Companions! Elder Shirts! or something like that, he said you were his last companion and that you were his favorite and wanted me to say hi for him! It's crazy how the work of the lord is going forth at such a pace! Also that's awesome joel and brian were able to have the dream experience at staples center! not even fair! haha Also Dad, there are so many Disney fans here and whenever they hear that you were a Disney animator they freak out and think your pretty much the coolest person in the world and want to know everything you've drawn! ha And they think it's pretty cool that we are serving the same mission as well! Mandy make sure you keep listening to mom and dad and working hard and having fun! Your awesome and I love you. Ashley keep up the awesome work and be a good example like I know you are! You are the best sisters ever! My companion is Elder Fraser and he has brown hair and is about 6 ft! Hopefully you can find out who he is through the pictures. It's so crazy that I'm almost down to three weeks left in the MTC! It is starting to get real that I will be in portugal soon and that is such a crazy awesome feeling! Thanks to JAcob for his awesome exmaple for serving it up in Japan!! I see Missionaries here going to Japan and always tell them to look you up when you get there!! So you may be having a bunch of new missionaries coming to look you up!!! haha I love being updated with things going on there with family, ward, basketball, the yard! ha all the good stuff! Thanks for the support, and I really appreciate it from everyone!! Letters are the best and EVERYONE dear elder it up! haha Dear Elder is really nice because you get them the same day in the mail! haha I love your letter mom, and I appreciate you keeping me updated, and Dad I love it to, except for when you give me news that Kobe is out for the season!!!!! haha JK Maybe he will return for playoffs! ha Well just in closing the work is moving on at a rapid rate at the MTC and every Wednesday more and more Missionaries pour into the MTC and it's incredible! I love you all, and keep the faith!
Love, Elder Beckstrand

No comments:

Post a Comment